var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-39095012-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);
Are you still getting numerous “spam” emails arriving in your inbox every day? If your answer is “yes” you may find that it is creating havoc on your computer, especially if you click on the links supplied in the emails.
Adding the sender to the “junk” folder doesn’t really stop the same email from re-appearing in your inbox because it can come from a different sender each time. It may be the same advertisement but the sender’s email address will be different. That is the reason the following procedure is more effective, although it does takes a few minutes to implement.
If you use Microsoft Outlook, the following procedure will permanently delete all your unwanted emails after they arrive in your inbox and you should never see them again.
1. When you receive an email that appears to be “spam” right click on it to copy the sender’s email address.
2. Click on “copy” as shown below. The email address that you copied will remain on the invisible “clipboard” waiting for you to “paste” it in the appropriate box.
3. Click on “Rules” then on “Manage Rules & Alerts.”
4. Click on “New Rule” and then “Apply rule on messages I receive.” Then click “Next”
5. Click on “With specific words in the sender’s address” then click on “specific words.” Then click “Next”
6. In the “Search Text” box you will need to use the “shortcut” ( CTRL V ) to paste the spam email address, since the right click will not work here.
Click into the top box and hold down the CTRL key on your keyboard and click the “V” key. See image number 7 below for specifics.
7. In order to make sure that the email will not return you will need to repeat the “paste” function four times, deleting part of the email address as shown below. After each insertion click the “add” button to add it to the list. Then click OK.
8. You will see that the “specific words” namely the spam email address is shown. Click “Next”
9. Click “permanently delete it” then click “next”
10. Click “Next” again if you do not wish to make any more changes.
11. To “run” the rule click into the box and the “spam” email will be deleted and any subsequent emails with the specific words.
12. When the list of any previous “rules” appears click “Apply” and “OK”
13. The following question will pop up. Click “Yes” and you are done. It’s that easy!
If you have questions please feel free to contact me. I will respond with speed!