var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-39095012-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);
Since Apple does not supply this feature in any of their mobile operating systems I created a “work-around” to enable this to be done. Follow the steps below carefully and do not leave out any steps. If you have many hundreds of emails to delete at one time you may need to repeat the process more than once.
1. Open the Inbox. Tap on Edit
2. Tap on Mark All then tap on Mark As Read
3. Open Inbox and tap Edit . Check or select the first message. This will activate the Move selection.
4. Press and hold the Move button and un-check the message that you had checked earlier.
5. Remove your finger from the screen and the Folder List will open. Tap on Trash and you will see all the marked emails entering the Trash Folder.
6. Now all you need to do is to open the Trash folder and tap Edit.
7. Once you tap Edit the Delete All selection will appear at the bottom of your screen. If you have selected to be “warned before deleting” the option will pop up as shown below. Tap Delete All and you are done. All your emails have been deleted in one fell swoop. Please feel free to contact me if you have more questions or need help with this or other features. You are also welcome to attend one of my iPad and iPhone workshops.